Location : Bidar, Karnataka
Originally Built By : Bahamani Sultan Ahmad Shah Wali
Built In : 1429 AD
Renovated By : Barid Shahi Sultans
It is 110 km north-west of Hyderabad, 40 km north-east of Gulbarga. Described by historian Simon Digby as a sensational stone fort built on a natural bluff rising from the plain. Bidar was the capital of the Bahmani kingdom from 1428 to 1489.
It was besieged by Aurangazeb in 1656 and remained under a sequence of Mughal governors until 1724 when it was swallowed up by the Nizams.The tombs on the plains outside the town are magnificient. The inner fort, mostly built by Mohammad Shah (1482-1518), is entered through a massive double gateway.
Beyond lies a complete fort. Inside the entrance on the left is the Rangin Mahal whose rooms are exquisitely bedecked with colored tiles, inlaid with mother of pearl.
Article Source : http://www.onlytravelguide.com/karnataka/historical/bidar-fort.php